Big Buddy Mentoring Trust – Auckland Head Office
Big Buddy is a registered charity that exists to make a positive difference for 7 – 14 year old boys who don’t have their dads in their lives.
Courageous, brave mums and caregivers bring their precious boys to us to help fill a gap. Incredible men step up to be role models and volunteer as a big buddy to these little buddies. They spend time together on the weekend and the magic happens. Confidence, resilience and emotional awareness grows. A mum of a little buddy says it the best;
“I thought when my son got his Big Buddy that he would do things like learning to fix the car. It is much bigger and more important than that. He is learning to talk and listen, how to show up and be there for his mates and how to respect me more”
The Big Buddy Mentoring Trust has recently celebrated 1,000 matches made since 1997 and we have created considerable momentum in the last 3 years. We are ambitious for the future and a head office is a very important foundation for our organisation.
Our office ideally needs to have the following features;
· An inviting, functional, comfortable, safe, professional and positive first impression
· Approx. 150 – 200 sqm
· Ideally within 5 – 7km of Auckland CBD
· ‘Appropriate’ neighbours
· 3 x private offices or private spaces
· 7 x desks open plan
· Meeting room for approx 12 people
· Ideally car parking x 6 onsite and/or offsite in close proximity
· Meet or exceed building code in terms of construction, weather tightness and safety
· Ideal if close to a train station / public transport
· Fibre internet connection
· Open to a larger space (400 – 500sqm) to share with others who we already collaborate with
· Natural light
· Kitchen, lunch area, bathroom
· Disabled access
· Long term lease preferred from Feb / March 2022 but we are flexible
If you know of something that might be suitable or have a contact that might be able to help, please get in touch.
Paul Burns I Chief Executive Officer I M 021 929 741 I firstname.lastname@example.org